[Customdrawn] VMG. attn Felipe

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Apr 4 13:56:45 CEST 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
> Thanks, applied in rev 36558 =)
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1> I think that we should add cthreads somewhere in
> LCL-CustomDrawn-X11 because otherwise sqlite projects crash with wierd
> problems =( Then threaded timer could become the default if that's
> what you want. But this does not exclude that we should always keep
> the possibility of having everything work without threading.

I would consider Threaded Timer experimental, for now, just to evaluate
if it does provide a real advantage, or not. If we can manage to do
without, one thing less to worry about. If it proves really useful, then
we must decide how to make it available with a minimum hassle for a
plain normal user.

> 2> Please make a manual inspection of the diff before sending. Notice
> that apparently you had merging issues with my changes in the meantime
> so your diff had info to delete my changes

I tried to, but sometimes I fail to understand the svn logic. It raises
a conflict just because there's a blank line before or after an ifdef.
As you have much more experience than me in sending patches, what do you
suggest, in order to avoid troubles?

> 3> Please note how I managed to create a more clever cross-backend
> implementation for GetDeviceSize. You can't implement a new routine
> only for 1 backend. The idea case is like I did: It works in all
> backends ;) The second choice is having an additional routine called
> BackendRoutineName, then the common routine will run for the common
> case (for example DC=LazDC) and just calls BackendRoutine if we are a
> non-common case like DC=0. The third option is each backend having a
> different code.

I just picked up the code from GTK. Then I knew that you would revise
it, taking into account other backends... ;-)

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)