[Customdrawn] VMG. attn Felipe

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Apr 5 12:35:42 CEST 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:

> Good idea! Indeed GetCursorPos is not implemented for X11!
>
> Implemented in rev 36571 =)
>
> Now we can see the motion graphic going.

Very good, as soon as I'm in a suitable platform, I'll try and evaluate.
Each application is useful to show different areas of
implementation/optimization.

> But again: Make absolute sure that you are verifying if the window did
> not change it's size. If it did, you need to invalidate the entire
> form and rebuild the native image.

There's still some issue in resizing. During resize, sometimes
apparently it takes momentarily a wrong scanline, and the image comes
out distorted.
Without SmartPaint you see this effect for a moment, but then the image
is repainted, even if the resize is finished, and so it's just a blink.
With SmartPaint if you stop resizing exactly at that moment the image is
not repainted, and you see a distorted window. But this is more a issue
of EvPaint than that of SmartPaint. Maybe it lacks the appropriate locks
and it updates an image while it's being written. Must investigate further.

> But this optimization is only useful in platforms which keep sending
> us unnecessary repaint messages: X11 and Windows.

Yes it's Backend specific. But Windows and X11 sum up 95% of users!

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)