[Customdrawn] Rangecheck error

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jul 4 09:24:41 CEST 2012

On 07/03/2012 10:48 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> This is very strange. A lot of people use LCL-CustomDrawn and I never
> heard anyone else complain.
Maybe this only happens on Linux 32 Bit. Maybe in Windows there is
nothing that triggers the problem, as the basic widgets used behave
differently,  and in 64 bit the range for the values always is
sufficient. As you know, I in fact did locate at least two glitches in
the source code that rather obviously result in range check errors when
the values to be handled are appropriate.

> Why do you set range checking?
I did not set it. In fact I don't even know how I should be able to set
(or unset) it. I do suppose it is set on default (which I think is good
to find exactly such problems as I am reporting right now.)

I just use the unmodified building  process:

  - get the current sources for ftp and Lazarus from the svn trunk
  - compile fpc
  - install fpc
  - clean and make Lazarus
  - start Lazarus
  - create an "Application"
  - set the Widget Type  to Custom Drawn
  - compile and run the blank Form -> works (due to the fixes I once did)
  - drop a widget in the form (e.g. a TButton or a TLabel)
  -compile and run -> range check error.

-Michael