[Customdrawn] Trying "Customdrawn"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Mar 28 01:24:07 CEST 2012

Il 27/03/2012 22:09, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it>  wrote:
>> The problem is that the same font files crash under Suse, and not under
>> Fedora.
> Yes, but before I couldn't believe it, I thought that maybe the font
> was not being found in one case, but now I just tryed in Windows and
> the font worked for me =o

I had checked on that. It was crashing with the very Luxi fonts I sent
to him, which I had tested both on an old Fedora 5 (to test
compatibility with older Linux releases) and in Fedora 14, where I had
installed it lifting it from Fedora 5. I could see that from the
lxfontpaths before and after.
> So now I suspect that he has maybe a 64-bits processor and the library
> has 64-bit issues ...

This might be the case.
> Or maybe because of the symbolic links that he has?

No, in Fedora 14 all paths are symlinks. In lxfontlist I get duplicates
of pretty much all fonts, because they're found both as symlinks, and in
their real place, which is among the search paths we have:

Andale Mono=/etc/X11/fontpath.d/msttcore/andalemo.ttf
Andale Mono=/usr/share/fonts/msttcore/andalemo.ttf
Arial Black=/etc/X11/fontpath.d/msttcore/ariblk.ttf
Arial Black=/usr/share/fonts/msttcore/ariblk.ttf
Arial Bold Italic=/etc/X11/fontpath.d/msttcore/arialbi.ttf
Arial Bold Italic=/usr/share/fonts/msttcore/arialbi.ttf
Arial Bold=/etc/X11/fontpath.d/msttcore/arialbd.ttf

All of the /etc/X11/fontpath.d/ are symlinks

> Now we have a bug report about this:

There's another font related issue, which I didn't mention, because I
wanted investigate a bit more. It turned out that, in my platform, there
are some fonts which simply won't display. If you select one of those
fonts, no exception is raised, all appears to work fine, but there's no
visible text in any widget. But magically, on Friday morning, between an
svn update and the next, they did appear, and then disappear again.
I'll try to collect more data on that matter. Abyssinica displays always
fine. Are there CustomDrawn testers in Abyssinia?

Giuliano