[Customdrawn] Some patches for dialogs and palette

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Sep 11 13:30:39 CEST 2012

Il 11/09/2012 12:42, Giuliano Colla ha scritto:
> Il 11/09/2012 10:04, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There seams to be an error in the patch:
>> ì+  // CustomDrawn
>> +  customdrawncontrols, customdrawn_common;
>>
>> ==============
>>
>> The LCL should not depend on the CustomDrawn package from what I
>> understand, I don't even see how this could compile ...

I checked more carefully:
the CustomDrawn comment was actually a leftover of my tests, because
customdrawncontrols and customdrawn_common are not part of the
CustomDrawn package, they're apparently part of LCL, by sitting in the
/lcl/ directory: that's why it compiles. The CustomDrawn package just
installs the components in the IDE, but the components are always there,
in a path visible when you use LCL.

To verify it, without applying your patch, but by keeping mine, I
removed the CustomDrawn package from my Lazarus IDE, and both lazdialogs
and my test program compile and work just fine. The IDE complains about
the TCDButton I put in the main form (the IDE doesn't know about it),
but it puts it there all the same, and everything works. The only
difference is that you don't have Custom Drawn components on the IDE
palette.

If that's not desired, then a number of files (such as
customdrawncontrols, customdrawn_common, and maybe others, we must
check) should be moved from the /lcl/ directory to the
/components/customdrawn/ directory, and made part of the Custom Drawn
Package (currently they're not). Then Custom Drawn components would be
available only when Custom Drawn package is installed.

As of now we have the choice of lazdialogs using standard WS components
(as you have done), or Custom Drawn components (as I had done).

The problem maybe will arise when lazdialogs will be used with CD WS: I
didn't think about the implications. Did you?

Giuliano