[Customdrawn] Some patches for dialogs and palette

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 15:42:41 CEST 2012

On 11/09/12 13:19, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 09/11/2012 01:25 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> Then I fail to see why it doesn't work for you and seams to work for
>> everyone else. Maybe it doesn't work in SuSE only?
>
> I can't believe this. I will upgrade to 12.2 some day soon. I'll report
> back what happens then.

I've used OpenSUSE 12.1 for a few months, and a few days ago upgraded
(not a reinstall) to 12.2 (64-bit), and OpenSUSE works perfectly for my
development work.

What exactly are you trying to test in the CustomDrawn widgetset - I
don't normally use LCL, but I don't mind testing something for you under
OpenSUSE 64-bit.

> in fact don't know why in my installation range checking is active, but
> I feel that such a problem should be cured and not hidden by disabling
> range checks.

+1000

I have recently experienced some every strange, and extremely hard to
debug code (which contractors wrote for us). GDB had no clue as to where
the problem was, and stack traces was useless due to corrupt memory
(caused by the bug in our software). It was suggested I enabled range
checking for that project, which I did. And within 5 minutes I found the
location of the bug and fixed it. I waisted 7 days of debugging before I
used the range check function!! Now ALL my projects have range checking
enabled.

Range checking is extra help for the developer, and makes doubly sure
there isn't some silly code in your project! Don't avoid range checking!
If your project fails to build with range checking enabled, you have a
problem in your software, which must be fixed.

Regards,
   - Graeme -