[Customdrawn] Some patches for dialogs and palette

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Sep 12 09:53:36 CEST 2012

On 09/11/2012 03:42 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> and a few days ago upgraded (not a reinstall) to 12.2 (64-bit), and
> OpenSUSE works perfectly for my development work.
Great ! Thanks for the info.

> What exactly are you trying to test in the CustomDrawn widgetset -
I just do a very simple test:

   - create a new project (just a form)
   - change Widget Type to CustomDrawn
   - compile
   - run -> works nicely.
( - I can easily create an onCreate event for the form and change the
caption in there -> works)
   - I visually one of said visual component (such as TLabel, TButton,
TPanel, you name it)
   - compiles
   - run -> crash.

> I don't normally use LCL, but I don't mind testing something for you
> under OpenSUSE 64-bit.
In fact I have Suse 32 bit. But I don't suppose that this makes any
difference. You can see my Debugging report and the problem is the range
of an open array and not of the bit count of a variable.

(I don't intend to use "custom drawn" as it is, but maybe I will want to
modify it to allow for creating a completely non-visual <e.g. demonized>
"active <i.e. with event-queue>) application, buy just using a homebrew
"zero" underpinning instead of X. )

Thanks,
-Michael