[Customdrawn] Lazdialogs patch

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Sep 29 11:08:14 CEST 2012

Il 29/09/2012 08:17, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> The current implementation is addressing only the first scenario. In that
>> case LazDialogs should have different names from the equivalent native WS
>> Dialogs, but they should offer an equivalent user interface, to make things
>> easier for our "customers".
> Yes, but the problem is that I think that TCDWidgetSet.PromptUser is
> more generic then what you currently wrote, so I am not sure if the
> current routines can be utilized to implemented
> TCDWidgetSet.PromptUser. I'd say that the first steps should be
> implementing a routine with parameters as TCDWidgetSet.PromptUser has,
> and then make a ShowMessageDlg or whatever other higher end routine
> which repacks it for easier usage. If you start from the higher level
> interface, then afterwards the code will need a lot of change to be
> useful in the lower end routine.
>
> My file open/save/etc dialogs where written thinking on the WS
> implementation already and are prepared to be useful for WS
> implementation without much changes.

Ok. I understand your point, you're right.

In place of your Greece and Switzerland, my next trips will be to a
couple of times to France and a couple of weeks in Hong Kong. I hope to
avoid the trip to Qatar, but not yet sure ;-) . Because of that it may
take some time, but as soon as I can I will look into the matter by this
point of view, so that integration in WS implementation becomes
reasonably smooth.

On the same subject there's another point: currently CDButton still lack
some features (proper caption handling, for translation and shortcuts),
so that our dialog buttons wouldn't be translated to the appropriate
locale, they wouldn't show the underlined character for the shortcut,
and they wouldn't react to shortcut key.
That's another point in my TODO list.

Kind regards,

Giuliano