[Lazarus-other] [Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:23:15 CET 2011

2011/1/20 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> And with this whole mess I would end by saying:  And that is why you
> will not see me ever use a Stored Procedure! 99.99% of the time they
> contain business logic, which doesn't belong in the data layer of your
> application in any case - you can't unit test that business logic.

Who says you cannot unit test it? I use this on my work.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/tsqlunit/

If you use the latest tools from Microsoft, unit testing is even
supported out of the box:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/atverma/archive/2010/07/28/how-to-unit-test-sql-server-2008-database-using-visual-studio-2010.aspx

Vincent