[lazarus] Added TEdit and TLabel Button to the FCL

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Tue Apr 20 09:45:51 EDT 1999

Yes there is a menu factory macro. I do not know if this will work in our
GTK objects or not.

Our component framework is very extendable it may be that we can support
both methods.

I will take a look at the menu factory code.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Patrick Narkinsky [mailto:patrick at freeware.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 7:20 AM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Added TEdit and TLabel Button to the FCL

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Cliff Baeseman wrote:

>    Would you like me to take a crack at it. I think we should attack it
> just like TButton. We create three objects TMenuBar, TMenu, TMenuItem
> all based from our TWinControl.  TMenuBar will have  a method called
> addMenuItem , TMenu will have a method called addMenuItem. The TMenuBar
> is the item that will be positioned on the form using the AddComponent
> Method. I think we should ignore but not forget the way delphi handles
> these objects. We can make it delphi looking but it does not have to be
> a straight delphi conversion. Shane give me your  thoughts on this?

It's been a while since I did any GTK programming, but isn't there a
"MenuMaker" object or some such.  As I recall, what this did was, when
given a set of data, made the appropriate Menu* calls.

It seems to me that this would be the most logical (and the most like
Delphi) way to do menus.  I may bo totally wrong though.

Patrick

 --
J. Patrick Narkinsky (patrick at narkinsky.ml.org)

"If you want to know what God thinks about money, just look at the people
He gives it to." 			-- Old Irish Saying