[lazarus] GTK Dependencies in CONTROLS.PP, VCLGLOBALS.PP

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cc.net
Sun Aug 1 21:15:01 EDT 1999

After looking a bit further at controls.pp and vclglobals.pp it seems that
the gtk references are truly not needed.  There is one place in controls.pp
that some variables are declared that need them, but the variables
themselves are not used, so if you remove the gtk stuff from the uses
clause of controls.pp, then those variable references, everything still
compiles as normal.

I have copied the gtkint.pp and it's include files to a stripped down
WinAPIint.pp with appropriate include files, as well as modifying the
interfaces.pp file.  There is no code implemented, just a bare shell of
TWinAPIInterface, but it does compile.  However, something, somewhere is
still calling gtk stuff, because when I run the executable thus produced.
I think it's the make file, but will get on this shortly.  I hope to at
least get a form up this evening, if all goes well.

Jeff.