[lazarus] Where is customlistbox.inc?????

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sat Aug 7 12:38:32 EDT 1999

Curtis White wrote:

> I had the same problem. The only way I could get it to compile, so I
> could work, was to comment out all the listbox interface definition
> and the include.

I did the same thing as a temporary measure.

> I also noticed two new units, gtklistsl.inc and gtklistslh.inc. What
> are these?
> They are done completely different than all the rest of the components
> (they are a GTK specific listbox). Was that done for a reason? Or is
> it just some work code?

Yeah I saw that myself. I didn't get a change to look at it yet to see
what it is doing. I will as I move the gtk stuff to a separate
directory.

> Michael, do you need us all to change our components to work with the
> new SendMessage layout?

The change is simple. I have incorporated a change in all the code
(except notebook just didn't get to it yet). All of the
InterfaceObject.IntSendMessage and ..2 and ..3 calls have been boiled
down into one call

function SendMessage(themessage : integer, Self : TObject, data :
pointer) : integer;

This is a global function placed in controls.pp. Since just about every
unit uses this unit this should always be available. So as long as you
just placed uses controls in your unit you can call the above procedure.
This means that controls.pp should be the ONLY unit that will need to
reference the interfaces unit. I want to get this separation so it will
be easier for me to redo the current layout and move the gtkint stuff
down into a subdirectory.

The SendMessages is just a combination of IntSendMessage2 and
IntSendMessage3. It returns an integer value. If you are written NEW
code that needs to send a message place it in the IntSendMessage3 method
in gtkobjects.inc. I have moved most of the IntSendMessage2 messages
over to IntSendMessage3 but check over the next day or so if you need to
call something that you know was originally in IntSendMessage2. I might
be about a day before I get it all cleaned up and moved over.

So to answer your question, no you don't have to change your components
I have already done so or am doing so.

> Also, we should probably rename the stdcontrols unit to stdctrls so it
> matches Delphi. Just one more easy thing we can do to provide more
> compatibility. Don't you think?  I can do it if everyone agrees.

Might not be a bad idea but let's not touch that one for now. Give it a
few days for alot of these changes to settle down.