[lazarus] More Native Win32 stuff(Pascal,canyouhelphere?)

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Aug 10 16:42:11 EDT 1999

> Presumably all I need to do there is to translate the LM_xxx to the
> Win32 equivalent and away I go.  But, what if there is no equivalent?

>>See this is where you keep confusing me. You should never have to
>>translate an LM_XXX to a Win32 equivalent. You should only every be
>>translating a Win32 to it's LM_XXX equivalent.

Actually you both are right.  In the callback, when the FORM calls the "callback" procedure you set up, you will receive a wm_LButtonDown or something like that.  You haveto do a DISPATCH(LM_LButtonDown) (or whatever it is) so you do have to convert to LM_??? then.

I'm not sure about the other way around though.  You would have top convert from LM_??? to WM_??? if you were setting up individual messages to the LM_?? messages and each had a callback, but if what I hear is true and there is ONLY 1 callback for the entire control, then you will have to decipher which message the callback got and do a dispatch(LM_????)

I LOVE THERE TYPES OF CONVERSATIONS!!!!!!!

So much better than...."Hey, would it look cool if the edit boxxes had green backgrounjds?" or something lame like that...!!!

Shane