[lazarus] Creating Components...

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Wed Aug 11 21:48:29 EDT 1999

On 8/11/99, at 6:22 PM, Curtis White wrote:

>Michael can probably give you a better answer to this since he knows the
gtkint
>internals really well, but here are my ideas on it anyway.

Thanks, all the help I can get is appreciated.

>I would say to just create the button in the LM_ADDCHILD message and do
nothing
>in the LM_CREATE message. Either that or send the parent information with
the
>LM_CREATE message and then do nothing in the LM_ADDCHILD message. If it is
>possible, I think it would be better to pass the parent info along with
the
>LM_CREATE message and create it there and leave the LM_ADDCHILD message
blank.
>That would be a more appropriate location to create the control. I just
don't
>know if this is possible or not.

I am going to look at it.  I will probably make a lot of changes in this
area, but should be safe because I won't commit them.

>I can't think of any reason it would cause problems if the parent changed.
The
>control will know who its parent is. The message handler won't be tracking
who
>the parent of each control is, will it?

Actually, I am not sure if it will or not.  The way it is set up, it can.
That is how I hoped to set the parent window for the button, by using the
window handle of the buttons parent in the call to CreateWindow, but the
buttons parent wasn't set yet.

Jeff.