[lazarus] Creating Components...

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Wed Aug 11 22:48:06 EDT 1999

On 8/11/99, at 7:24 PM, Curtis White wrote:

>Yes, this is a bug in the compiler. Peter said he has to wait for one of
the
>other FPC guys to get back from vacation to fix it. So now when anything
refers
>to Self, it doesn't really refer to Self. It refers to its child instead.
It is
>a real pain to do anything with it this way because it seems like things
are
>broke when they are just getting the wrong pointer. So for now, until it
is
>fixed, you have to actually specify the name of the form instead of Self
or
>even the implied self.

In that case I'm going to give it up for the night.  I had hoped to have
something to show tonight, but it seems until I find the right place to
work around this, I am out of luck.  I replaced the creation of the button
witht the form name (HELLO) instead of Self, and I still got passed the
value of the Button, not the Form.  Aaarrrgggghh...

Good night.
Jeff.