[lazarus] Sockets Linux OT

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Wed Aug 11 22:54:04 EDT 1999

Does anyone know how to grab a web page from a web server using free pascal
sockets under linux.

Here is what I need to do.

1. I have a server web cluster put together at work.

2. It works great but I need something  that can monitor the connected web
servers for problems. The way I need to do it is just do a simple page
request in some code and see if I get a return from the  server on a timed
loop.

3. This utility will just then dynamically add or remove servers from the
real server list.

The contents of the page I get back from the server does not need to be
processed I just have to know that I got it.

Any Ideas?

Cliff