[lazarus] .so not static?

Samuel Liddicott sam at campbellsci.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 08:42:33 EDT 1999

I have tried adding -Bdynamic when calling the linker by hand but it still
complained about not finding -lgtk until I removed -lgtk -lgdk -lglib from
the lazarus.res file, then it link OK but core dumps on running.  I tried
also adding lots of -shared /usr/lib/libgtk.so.1 etc etc, but the same -
core dumps.

> But it seems to me that you are on a aout system, and my guess is that the
> gtk.so libraries are ELF shared libraries; in that case you
> cannot link them
> to your binary.

Surely not!  Redhat5.2 out of the box this is; and if gnome can link to the
libgtk.so.1 why not lazarus?

# file ppc386
ppc386: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, statically
linked, not stripped

And ppc386 runs OK.

Sam