[lazarus] Inherited

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Fri Aug 13 14:39:47 EDT 1999

I don't think this message board got this message I sent earlier:

I see in Delphi that you can simply call
Inherited;
in a procedure and it'll call the inherited procedure.  Is this support being added to FPC?

Also, FREEMEM seems to require a size in FPC but not in Ddelphi.  Any idea on when that will be changed?  I'm converting some Delphi code and have to keep adding code whenever a FREEMEM appears.

Shane

>>> "Jeff Wormsley" <daworm at cdc.net> 08/13 12:55 PM >>>
On 8/13/99, at 7:16 PM, Marc Weustink wrote:

All of the deleted part is understood.

>>How
>>do you, after the create, tell a window that it has a parent, when it did
>>not have one when it was created?
>
>like line 3 and 4.

No, not the object, the window, the thing pointed to by the HWnd handle.  When you call CreateWindow, you pass either a parent window handle, or you pass 0 for no parent.  If you create the handle with a 0, can you change the window parent later?  If so, how?  This has nothing to do with the TWinControl or whatever object, only the HWnd data.

Jeff.