[lazarus] .so not static?

Samuel Liddicott sam at campbellsci.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 04:14:58 EDT 1999

Ah. What I was told to do was to create symbollic links from the
long-version-containing filename (libglib..so.2.1.0 or something) to
libglib.so and that did it (or installing the .dev rpm does the same thing).

So it seems the linker looks for .a or .so and works fine, and either as you
do explicitly set the present .so name, or as I was told to set a short .so
name will work.

Thanks

Sam