[RE: [RE: [[lazarus] CreateComponent]]]

Michal Bukovjan mbukovjan at netscape.net
Fri Aug 20 13:03:52 EDT 1999

Hello,

> RecreateWnd itself will not be needed for GTK, but the things it uses to do
> its tricks will be needed, as in above about moving listbox to another
form.
> But its just donky work, nothing difficult about it.  And the slow-down
only
> occurs when it is used - rarely but when it is used it is needed and a
> work-around would be even worse.  I will manage/check this if you want.

I am not sure what tricks you mean (for GTK). Since in GTK just aboout every
widget may be considered a "form" in a way (yes, thanks to an error I once
made I created 10 list items, each with its own gradient caption and looking
like a form :-), and any GtkContainer descendant may contain children, the
only trick is to re-assign children's parent and realign (not 100% sure here,
but ...).

Basically, GTK widgets behave much like Delphi controls. You just care about
its parent and the size (align policy). You work with (sort of) class
instances, not handles to class instances.

The Win32 stuff is propably much more complex, though.
Nevertheless, the TControl and this hierarchy should remain as widget-set
neutral as possible.

Michal Bukovjan