[lazarus] GDK calling problems

Markku Niskanen markku.niskanen at laatumikro.fi
Tue Aug 24 06:14:24 EDT 1999

I have been investigating the memory loss in the editor
and it seems to me that at least some of the gdk function
calls are behind it.

I made the timer tic to 50 ms to speed up the memory
loss, added exits to TGtkObject.DrawFillRect and found out that
after each call to  gdk_draw_rectangle there was a loss of
system memory (seen in Linux TOP monitor). Is there a bug in the
gdk interface?

The memory consumption is notable; after making the timer update
the text in the editor for some time X seemed to swell to more than
30 MB which finally froze up Linux completely. This is a sign that
the gdk_draw_text call is buggy as well.

Are we possibly having stack problems?

As for the keyboard crashing the demo applications crash whenever
an arrow key or Tab is pressed. GDB tells me that the crash occurred
in _SYSLINUX.

Markku
markku.niskanen at laatumikro.fi