[lazarus] SHEdit

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Wed Dec 1 00:53:24 EST 1999

I was just browsing through the fcl directory and noticed that Sebastian has
made his SHEdit editor class generic enough that it could easily be implemented
to work with Lazarus and checked it into CVS. It is in the shedit directory
inside the fcl directory. He has broken out the methods that are platform
dependent into a Renderer class. So all that needs to be done is to implement
the methods in that class and the editor works. And he even included an example
that implements the Renderer class using GTK. So it looks like with very little
effort, we could get this working with GTK for the Lazarus editor.

I don't think we should drop the work on mwedit, but I think we should see if we
can get SHEdit working with Lazarus. After just a quick glance, it looks like we
could have it working in almost no time at all. I am going to play with it a bit
tonight and see what I can find out about it.

Sebastian, can you tell us more about this? How hard would it be for us to get
it working now with Lazarus?

Curtis