[lazarus] Regarding "Proting the form editor"

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Dec 6 14:18:34 EST 1999

Kevin Berry wrote:

> Although it is a Text format it won't be interchangeable without using
> some conversion routine (as you've stated). I always prefer to be able
> to transfer files directly without doing any conversion though  :-)

I don't think we have every planned on the LCL being able to read a
Delphi DFM exactly as it is. We always assumed that you would need to
run it through some sort of converter.

It will actually be better to use XML since then any kind of tool that
can create/read/edit XML would be able to be used to modify the LFM
files. So even though the new Delphi format is text the structure is
still specific to Delphi and of not much use to any other application.