[lazarus] Regarding "Proting the form editor"

Sebastian Guenther sguenther at gmx.de
Mon Dec 6 16:24:27 EST 1999

"Michael A. Hess" wrote:

> I remember you mentioning it but I assumed we would be using that for
> the conversion type stuff and not for actually reading and using Delphi
> DFM forms.

of course

> I hadn't looked at it but does what you added work with the
> binary version of DFM, text version, or both?

It can convert DFM->text and text->DFM. Why I mentioned this stuff is
because it should be really simple to adapt the sources to create
DFM->XML converters and so on.
I'm talking about the implementations of the following procedures:
  procedure ObjectBinaryToText(Input, Output: TStream);
  procedure ObjectTextToBinary(Input, Output: TStream);

  procedure ObjectResourceToText(Input, Output: TStream);
  procedure ObjectTextToResource(Input, Output: TStream);

They are defined in the Classes units.
The source can be found in fcl/inc/classes.inc

cu,
Sebastian