[lazarus] Regarding "Proting the form editor"

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Mon Dec 6 19:12:09 EST 1999

On 12/6/99 at 6:07 PM Michael A. Hess wrote:

>According to Jeff the output from the binary to text is the same as the
>current method of storage in Delphi 5 so it is a mute point. We can
>write some form of converter for Delphi 5 and then use the binary to
>text convert for older Delphi version so that it matches Delphi 5 format
>and then convert them as well. Seems like we are all set on the front.

Probably best to wrap the conversion routines with a test for text vs
binary.  This should be easy enough, just open the dfm file, see if the
first 5 bytes are 'object' and if so, load as text and convert to xml, if
not, load as binary and convert to xml.

If I get a chance, I'll look at it.  I am one of my very rare free nights.

Jeff.