[lazarus] Cycling compiler on win32

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Mon Dec 13 13:38:05 EST 1999

Since abaout a week, I get the following error when cycling the compiler on
my win98 computer

asw -o wprt0.ow wprt0.as
asw -o wdllprt0.ow wdllprt0.as
ppc386.exe !FPCEXTCMD -Us -Sg syswin32.pp
syswin32.pp(25,2) Fatal: Can't open include file systemh.inc

It happens right at the beginning when the RTL gets compiled for the first
time.

I am wondering what the !FPCEXTCMD is doing in the command line. Is
FPCEXTCMD an environment variable which needs to be set?

I have read on this list that setting the environment variable FPCDIR is not
neccesary anymore. Is that true?

By the way, I am impressed by the progress which has been made lately. Good
job, Marc and Shane! I hope I can find some time to join in in the coming
months, but I guess I am not as committed as you guys.