[lazarus] Cycling compiler on win32

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Mon Dec 13 17:44:51 EST 1999

> At 08:20 13-12-99 , you wrote:
> >Since abaout a week, I get the following error when cycling the compiler
on
> >my win98 computer
> >
> >asw -o wprt0.ow wprt0.as
> >asw -o wdllprt0.ow wdllprt0.as
> >ppc386.exe !FPCEXTCMD -Us -Sg syswin32.pp
> >syswin32.pp(25,2) Fatal: Can't open include file systemh.inc
>

> Try compiling with 'make OPT=-vt'
I did just that and the result is the same as above.

> >I am wondering what the !FPCEXTCMD is doing in the command line. Is
> >FPCEXTCMD an environment variable which needs to be set?
>
> It's a variable set internaly in the Makefile to overcome the 128 byte
> commandline limit.

I think the above problem is caused by the fact that ppc386.exe 0.99.12b,
which I use to start the make cycle, does not recognize the !FPCEXTCMD
option on the command-line.
I downloaded the last snapshot and used that to cycle the compiler and
worked.

Can you confirm my suspicion that 0.99.12b is not good enough anymore to
cycle the compiler?
Is there a workaround or do I have to download a snapshot and just take my
chances that is not too buggy (as could happen with snapshots) to cycle a
new compiler?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent Snijders