[lazarus] State of the union ?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Dec 16 14:17:47 EST 1999

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's been rather quiet the last time on the Lazarus list. Can someone
> give me an overview of where we are, what remains to be done, and when
> this will be done ?
>
> It seems that half the team has disappeared from the earth !
> Cliff, Shane, Michael ?

Well Shane has already reported. He also submitted something which I
have placed on the front door to the web site. I am also waiting on a
status from Marc to place on the web site.

As to Cliff I haven't heard anything at all from him for weeks. Since he
went hunting I haven't heard anything. I just checked his web site and
find that he is working on a product called "Python Builder". It appears
to be something to be a direct replacement of Visual Basic using Python.
I will have to write him directly to inquire whether he is still
involved with Lazarus or not.

As to myself. Well when I have time I am working on the TRegistry and
TRegIni classes. I am also working on IDKSM so that it can be
incorporated into the Magellan output so that a search engine will be
usable with the HTML version of the PDF documents. For anyone who hasn't
seen the initial conversion it is at.

         http://www.miraclec.com/fpcmanuals/

I am also trying to find time to update the classchart.ps file with the
classes from the LCL so we can have a complete tree of all current
classes.

I am also working on the web site making updates and also rewriting this
site to use Javascript so that translations and updates to the site will
be easier.

I have asked Shane and Marc (the 2 major developers at this point in
time) to submit status and updates so that I can have a "News" section
on the web site to inform users what is going on. If anyone would like
to include information please send it to me.

Beyond that I am doing things that actually help my business make some
money.   ;-)