[lazarus] State of the union ?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Dec 16 15:41:47 EST 1999

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:

> Good. How far are we with the IDE ?

I'll have to leave Marc answer that one. From what I understand it is
getting very close. One nasty problem, as I see it, is that one
currently needs to be running XWindows in 8bit mode to see anything work
or various items will core. I run in 32bit so it is a pain to change
over to check on things.

What say you Marc? Can you give us a brief but detailed report on what
you have working with mwEdit and the IDE?

> How many running components are there ?

Hmmmmm. That is a very good question that I guess we really do need to
figure out. Several previously working components have been broken due
to the conversion to the WindProc method of doing things. That and other
changes that were made for canvas and this and that. I will have to look
at going back through and attempt to use some of the components to see
what still does and doesn't work.

> Aha; I was wondering if you got my message about that or not, seeing
> that I didn't heer from you :-)

Sorry about that. I guess I never really did reply to your email.