[lazarus] IDE

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Dec 17 01:20:24 EST 1999

Osman Sen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At the moment i am using Delphi IDE to modify and test Lazarus source,
> and command line to compile and run. Is there an easier way to do
> that?

Yes. If you are working in Win32 then just use fpide.

   http://come.to/fpide

This is a Win32 IDE for FPC written in Delphi.

> I've some thoughts about it, and dont know whether you'll agree or
> not... As coding is easier with an IDE, coding the IDE and the
> components will be easier with an IDE ! :)

That is why that is the first thing we are trying to build.

> So maybe we must build some temporary IDEs for Linux and Win32
> seperately. And go on coding with them. An editor with compile, run
> and debug will be sufficient for the temporary IDEs, of course.

We are trying to build the IDE portion of Lazarus which then be the
coding part of the total RAD package. If all you want is an IDE to do
coding with FPC you have many ways to do it. You can get the console IDE
made available with FPC. It works similar to the old TP IDE. You can
also use RHIDE as you IDE.

> I thought to build the one for Win32 myself.

As indicated above it has already been done using Delphi.

> "mwedit" looks good as an editor and already works fine with Delphi.

If you have been following things at all you will realize that mwedit is
exactly what Shane and Marc have been pouring their efforts into. It
will be the basis of our IDE.