[lazarus] classesh.inc change required

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Dec 20 20:01:49 EST 1999

Shane Miller wrote:

> The first thing I see is the create method in Delphi doesn't require
> any parameters......(I'm in delphi 5 BTW)

OK. Your correct. I did write it so that you could pass it a value to
set the size of the bits required. I suppose it could be removed.
Originally I wrote it as an extra independent class which MVC later
incorporated into the standard TBits class. Being able to pass the
initial value of the array required seems to be more efficient to me
than the way Borland did it.

So this begs the question. Even if something can be done better and more
logically are we going to always write it to match Delphi?

Then my next question is, which VCL do we match? In this case TBits is
the same since at least Delphi 3 (as far back as I checked) but what if
it was different from 3 to 5? Which version do we emulate?

I have no problem removing the create parameter in the TBits class it
has just brought up the issues is all.

I have asked this before. Are we building a total Delphi clone or are we
building a Delphi like tool?

Opinions.