[lazarus] Q: CreateWnd, CreateHandle, HandleNeeded: which to override

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Dec 29 04:03:06 EST 1999

+ From: Stefan Hille [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]
+
+ Hi!
+
+ I just committed my changes and both components (and
+ examples) are working
+ again.
+
+ I'm not absolutely sure if everything went right with my
+ commit, so it'd be
+ nice if somebody could check it. Specially I'm not sure if
+ everything is OK
+ with gtkobject.inc because I had to resolve a conflict there.

Hmm.... I see that some of my changes are gone.  What works for me
preventing this is after I've changed a lot, I do an update first, resolve
the merging conficts, look what the differences are, look if it still
compiles, do a update again and if nothing has changed...  the commit. This
way you are allmost sure that you didn't loose anything.

I'll try to fix it from here.

+ My approach is now to only create the basic object during the
+ Create without
+ caring too much about the current object properties. In the
+ InitializeWnd
+ proc I'll then send another message to the interface (e.g.
+ LM_ChangeTrackbar)
+ and the interface will then set the current object
+ properties. This seems
+ useful to me, because the component-properties may be changed during
+ program flow which would require recreation of the visual component if
+ I would set everything during create.

Nice work.

Marc

BTW, when I have the time I might implement RecreateWnd