[lazarus] Building problems

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Dec 29 05:26:23 EST 1999

+ From: Visage Tech Support [mailto:support at v-share.com]

+ Hello,
+ I am having two different problems building fpc, lazarus.
+ The first is that when i am trying to build the packages i am having
problems + with "libgdb" which is not installed on my system.
+ I know that libgdb is an obsolete library not used any more from gdb.
+ The results for the build are:

+ make[1]: Entering directory `/root/src/fpc/packages/gdbint'
+ ppc386 -Fu../rtl/linux -Fu../units/linux -Fllibgdb/linux -Folibgdb/linux -
+ Fl/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66 -FE. -di386 symify.pp
+ /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgdb: No such file or directory

I dont know if the lib is obsolete, it's still distributed, so I suggest to
install the latest gtk+-devel (I use gtk+-devel-1.2.6-1)

+ And the second is when i am trying to build "lazarus" the truth is that i
+ never managed to build the lazarus from the first time i downloaded the
+ sources from your cvs, with the latest relase i got the following errors:

[snip errors]

First try to cycle the compiler, or download the latest snapshot, then try
again. Lazarus wont compile on old compilers.

+ I am running RedHat 6.1, i have downloaded from cvs on Wed Dec 29
+ 11:51:51 EST 1999 (GTM + 2)

Thats pretty resent ;-)

Marc