[lazarus] Q: CreateWnd, CreateHandle, HandleNeeded: which to override

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Dec 29 07:35:38 EST 1999

+ From: Stefan Hille [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]

+ That's exactly the way I work so I wonder a little how it
+ happened. In my case cvs gave me a conflict message,
+ retrieved two versions of gtkobject
+ and made marked some lines in the source at the beginning of
+ TGtkObject.SetCallback. Is this the place where your changes
+ were lost?

Yes. I moved the code to retrieve a GObject from a TObject to a separate
func. Somehow the tree of if statements came back. Probably because you also
changed the same piece of code.

+ BTW: After resolving the conflict I did another update to ensure that
+      nobody else modified the file while I was fixing the problem.

I do the same (and as a practical side effect I see what files I had changed
:-)

Marc