[lazarus] I'll have some code for you in an hour or 2

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Jul 5 22:34:54 EDT 1999

Shane Miller wrote:

> Send it to me also.  I have also seperated all the gtk code but I'm
> interested in your approach.  Sounds similiar to mine.

Well yes and no. We are both separating it but I am taking a little
different tack. The way mine is going everything that has to do with the
interface is found all within one file, guiapi.pp. For every API, be it
GTK, Qt, Xlib, etc. you will have one guiapi file. Then depending on
which API you want to use, that is the file you link against. You don't
have to change a thing in your code not a single #ifdef just link with a
different unit that has the same name.

The only file that even has to do any linking against this alternate
file is the controls.pp file which has TControl. I am working it so that
it is the only class that even interfaces with the API.

Using the messaging built into FPC every component defines it's own
callbacks within it's own class definition. This means the it will be
much easier to inherit a class to build a new component.

I'll send you a copy of the email I sent Cliff but as I told him please
be aware that this is totally in progress. Somethings will look
unfinished, well... because they are.   :-)

Talk at you later,