[lazarus] Debug class

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 6 14:39:49 EDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Shane Miller wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I was adding your code into my Lazarus code to see how it is going to work.  I like pretty much everything that you did so I figured I'd implement it and see how it works.  I ran into a problem.
>
> Your GUIAPP inherits from TCOntrol.  I assume this is because you need to
> typecast the 'self' sender as a tcontrol to call dodispatchstr.

The 'DoDispatchStr()' should be in GUIApp, NOT in TControl...
Don't forget that the DispatchStr() is added for GTK only !

For Win32 native apps, for instance, you will need the Dispatch
method. So the GUIApp from Win32 would have A DoDispatch instead of a
DoDispatchStr.

I *hope* this solves the problem, since Dispatchstr() is in TObject,
as well as Dispatch.

Michael (V.C).