[lazarus] Debug class

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Jul 6 14:45:16 EDT 1999

Shane Miller wrote:

> Your GUIAPP inherits from TCOntrol.  I assume this is because you need
> to typecast the 'self' sender as a tcontrol to call dodispatchstr.
> Problem is that won't work.  Reason is because TControl needs to call
> guiapp and if it inherits that class, then there will be a circular
> reference.

The trick to this is do NOT put the guiapi unit in the uses clause at
the beginning of the program. Place a second uses clauses just before
the code starts. Dang I forget the terms. Is it interface? I have to
wait until I get home to look at some code. When you place the unit at
this location it doesn't create the circular reference.

> The reason it needs to call it is because the SetName opr SetCaption
> procedures in TCOntrol need to call it along with TCOntrol's resize
> function and a few others.

Just move the guiapi to the correct location. Oh I know. Look in the
forms.pp file that I sent you. It shows you were to place the

   uses guiapi;

line so that it works correctly.

> Before getting into any other reasons, can we find a way to get this
> to work without guiapp inheriting tcontrol?

The above fixes it.   :-)