[lazarus] Debug class

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Jul 6 16:29:43 EDT 1999

Send me your phone # to smiller1 at stvgb.org

Shane Miller wrote:

> Where is DoDispatchStr supposed to be?  I know someone replied saying
> it should be in guiapp but then why the calling convention
> TControl(data).DoDispatchStr?  Should it be
> TObject(data).DispatchStr();?  Why notr just call TObject's
> dispatchStr from here?

Just create another method in TControl called

procedure TControl.DoDispatchStr(message : string)
begin
   DispatchStr(message);
end;

The reason I did it this way is because I was thinking that maybe it
could be used then as a way to send messages to other controls. Maybe it
is from the dept. of reducancy dept. but hey, I was coding on the fly
and as you noticed and as I mentioned somethings weren't totally done
yet.   :-)

What I sent you was just to give you and idea of what I was doing and
not to really start to implement it yet. However, it appears that you
are starting to add it in so that's OK with me.   :-)

What point are you at? Are you going to commit stuff to CVS so that I
can help with coding some of the CVS code?

By the way Shane I am back in my own office now so we can have a phone
conversation anytime the rest of the evening.  :-)