[lazarus] Debug class

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 6 16:32:41 EDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> Shane Miller wrote:
> >
> > Where is DoDispatchStr supposed to be?  I know someone replied saying
> > it should be in guiapp but then why the calling convention
> > TControl(data).DoDispatchStr?  Should it be
> > TObject(data).DispatchStr();?  Why notr just call TObject's
> > dispatchStr from here?
>
> Just create another method in TControl called
>
> procedure TControl.DoDispatchStr(message : string)
> begin
>    DispatchStr(message);
> end;

Once more, I don't think that this belongs in the TControl Class.
It is gui dependent; so it must go in guiapi (or whatever you called it)

If I understood correctly, TControl is GUI independent; so it should not
have the DoDispatchStr().

But then I haven't seen any of your code :( so I cannot really tell.
Just some theoretical rambling here...

Michael.