[lazarus] Patches to Shanes files

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Jul 6 22:20:36 EDT 1999

Greetings,

OK Shane I patched the files so that they compile. You can get the files
patched at:

   ftp://ftp.miraclec.com/lazarus/lazarus_patch.zip

I have to say that I think the InterfaceObject is extra overhead for not
much gain. If you will notice I edited the file to remove the
superfluous code. Those extra create and destroy didn't do anything so
there is no reason to have them. So this InterfaceObject doesn't really
get you anything over my GUIAPI object. The only difference is the use
of the #ifdef. This means that the interfaces.pp file will have to be
rewritten anytime someone wants to add a new API. If you wanted it so
that you could have a radio button in Lazarus IDE that would be
interesting but that means you will have to edit the Lazarus IDE
interface just to add a new API. With my version all you would have to
do is indicate a different location for the guiapi unit that you wanted
to link to.

I realize it is 6 of one half a dozen of the other but I think it will
get more complicated having to add additional #ifdefs for each API. But
hey that is just my choice.

What I added was the InitProcedure sequence so that when the method
application.initialization is called in lazarus.pp it calls the code to
start up gtk or whatever API the InitProcedure is pointing to.

I also made InterfaceObjects a self creating unit. It creates and
distroys the InterfaceObjects object itself. So I remove the code from
TControl that did this.

Enough for me tonight. It is just tooooo dang hot out here on the east
coast.   8-|