[lazarus] The string problem

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jul 7 19:12:08 EDT 1999

Greetings,

Shane I don't understand why what your doing doesn't work but it just
doesn't. If you go back to the "array[] of char" code that is still
there you will find that it then works. Why? I don't know.

Just uncomment the line:

gSignal : array[0..20] of char;

Then just before the gtk_signal_connect

use the

StrPCopy(gSignal, signal);

line and you will find that it now works correctly. I'm not sure what is
going on with the strings but that will have to be up to the FPC gurus.

I didn't look but if you go check the menu section and use an array[] of
char there I assume that will work as well.

For some reason it doesn't want to work with allocated memory.  :-\