[lazarus] gtk_widget_show crashing problem...

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 8 13:57:54 EDT 1999

Correct.   Here's more info.  I did a
Writeln('Event fired -'+mess); in each event to see which event fires. That's how I know "resize" fires.

Then I did this

Writeln('Event fired for '+tcontrol(data).caption);
and it displayed the main form's caption (Lazarus Editor v 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1.2.0.0.40.5)
so it looks like DATA is being correctly sent.  Then it calls Dispatchstr('resize');

It tries to call it, but the TFOrm class never gets the RESIZE message and the program never comes back from DispatchStr without throwing that error...

Thoughts?  Were getting closer at least....I was very happy to see the CAPTION actually display correctly.

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> OK, here's the problem.  When we do a gtk_widget_show on the menu bar
> a RESIZE event is fired.  For what component, I'm not quite sure yet.
>
> When DispatchStr('resize') is called, C R A S H !  that's where the
> exceptionaddressstack error occurs.

Good trace job!

> I haven't gone deeper than that.  It never gets past the dispatchstr
> function but it DOES it.  It may have to do with the "TControl(data)"
> part of the call.  Perhaps "data" isn't being sent correctly.

That means the exception is coming out of the RTL. Do I understand
correctly that the DispatchStr('resize') routine is called but it
doesn't survive it? It never makes it to DoResize for whatever control
it is being sent to, is that correct?