[lazarus] New Compiler and latest source

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 8 14:00:56 EDT 1999

If you have the latest source and compiler, you will get 3 or 4 errors in stdcontrols.  Simply remove the offending lines and compile again.

I will update CVS today (I think) with the latest.

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> Could someone else try and get some example to Peter please.  If
> needed, send him the Lazarus code and pinpoint the location.  I think
> I may have found the other problem with the gtk_widget_show error and
> I am stalking that.

I won't be back in my office for another 2 1/2 hours at the least so I
can't do it until then. However, given what you have found so far with
the DispatchStr('resize') crash I tend to think that we might be do some
bad pointer passing or something and stomping on memory that is just
plain messing everything up. StrPCopy was first and we by passed that
only to find something else that got messed up. Since a smaller program
StrPCopy does work I am leaning towards it being our problem. We are
going to have to isolate parts of the code little by little until we
find it.  :-\