[lazarus] StrPCopy bug

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Fri Jul 9 12:11:59 EDT 1999

I JUST did a CVS and make cycle and I still get the error with the multiple "message" procedures in a class.

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> It IS a problem though. It throws an error if I have more than one in
> a class definition.  This is done with FPC from CVS yesterday, not
> today, so perhaps something haas changed but I am not aware of the
> fix.

Did you get my mail from last night?

I indicated that I cycled a new compiler out of CVS last night sometime
around 8:00-9:00. When you do that do a "make clean" of everything
first. That is the RTL, GTK, compiler, etc.. I think Peter said that a
change was made to the ppu format. He didn't correct me from last nights
email so I still assume that might be correct.

Anyway I cycled the new compiler, rebuilt all the RTL, GTK, FCL units
and then tried to compile my msgtest program which sets up multiple
messages in one class file. The same test that failed before. Now it
compiles and now the program runs and does Dispatch to every message
when called.

> I commented out all but one of them and then it compiles.

This has definitly been fixed.

> You mentioned that InitProcedure.Init (or something) isn't being
> called?  How do I fix it?  The error with the exceptonaddressspace is
> still appearing.

TApplication.Initialize()

calls the initprocedure thusly

if InitProcedure <> nil then TProcedure(InitProcedure);

InitProcedure is a pointer that is defined in interfaces.pp. In the
initialization section of the interfaces unit it sets the value of
InitProcedure to point to the the procedure that contains the gtk_init
call. The problem is that the order of unit start up has now been
muddled and TApplication.Create resets InitProcedure to nil.

To get around the problem until I make a fix comment out the line

InitProcedure := nil;

in the Tapplication section of forms.pp.

Once I get the code out of CVS I'll fix it up so that it works
correctly.

I assume that this might fix the exception error but I don't know. As
another alternative you can leave the InitProcedure := nil line and add
a call to the procedure that has gtk_init in it.

Since it appears that there might have been a bug in StrPCopy and
DispatchStr according to Peter you might definitly cycle out a new
compiler before doing anything else.