[lazarus] bye for now

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jul 9 16:11:41 EDT 1999

Nicolas Aragon wrote:

> I copy some quotes from John Kaster at the end of this message. The
> last one isn't related to the topic, but it shows how Kaster's posting
> are considered "the voice of Borland" in their newsgroups.
>
> As I have said before, just because you haven't heard anything about a
> certain subject from us doesn't mean nothing is going on.
>
> It's still pretty obvious we don't have enough resources since we're
> hiring Linux people, isn't it?

<snip>

> Again, we've been working on Linux for quite some time.

I'm sorry but don't these 2 statements contradict themselves. They
weren't doing anything because they didn't have the resources but they
have been doing things for quite some time. Huh??

An if they were already so fire sure about it and had been looking into
it for some time how come they are only putting out a survey now to
ascertain interest?

And if they had been doing research all along wouldn't they know that
there was interest? Yet they put the survey on a machine that was
already 70% busy and 2 hours after the announcement it bogged down to
nothing.

I don't know I'm still not convinced that this is totally real yet.

> Just so you know, it is extremely unlikely that we will have native
> support for Paradox tables on Linux.

Since a great deal of Delphi programming uses Paradox I guess we can
assume that it will NOT be able to directly port Windows apps.
Interesting.