[lazarus] Compiler error 10998

Brian Ryner bryner at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 10 22:57:09 EDT 1999

Hi-

I entered a bug report on this for fpc (#475), but I'm also posting here
in case
anyone has an idea for a workaround.

Basically, if I try to compile any program that uses the Graphics unit
from Lazarus (or one that depends on that one, such as Controls), I get:

ppc386 -Tlinux   -Fu/home/bryner/fpc/rtl/linux
-Fu/home/bryner/fpc/units/linux -Fi/home/bryner/fpc/rtl/inc
-Fi/home/bryner/rpc/rtl/i386  -di386 testunit.pas
graphics.pp(6,11) Fatal: Internal error 10998
make: *** [testunit] Error 1

where all that's in testunit.pas is:

unit testunit;
interface

uses
  Graphics;

end.

I'm hoping someone who's familiar with both projects might have seen
this before.  Are there any compiler switches I can try to avoid the
error, or to get more info about it?  I had thought that maybe it was
writing invalid compiled code when I compiled Graphics, but I don't know
how to test this. This is all using current code from CVS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--
-Brian Ryner
bryner at uiuc.edu