[lazarus] Tiny thing... And some CVS questions

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sun Jul 11 12:21:42 EDT 1999

Jeffrey A. Wormsley wrote:

> I have a tiny issue that most of you probably haven't noticed.

I've noticed but wasn't sure what to do about it. In most cases it
doesn't bother me except in one major case. If you try to use xxgdn to
trace you program the debugger gets all wacked out if you have DOS EOLs
in the content. Makes it a REAL pain.   :-\

> I don't know if this is a result of some people editing in win32 Edit,
> some in linux vi or emacs or whatever you guys use,

That is what I assumed was doing it.

> On to the CVS questions.  What does CVS do to a source file that I
> have editted, and it detects there is a new version to be downloaded?

It attempts to merge the 2 files into one. If the changes you have made
are too extensive for it to figure out itself it comments what is
different between the 2 versions and lets you fix it up manually.

If you are going to be doing editing it is always best to do an update
just before you start to work so your source is as fresh as possible.