[lazarus] Lazarus messaging

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Jul 12 15:08:10 EDT 1999

I have just updated CVS.  This version has two things changed:
When you resize a TForm, you can see it in the console window.  It tells you it's width and height so you know your getting the signal correctly.

The memo does not color the file correctly.  I screwed it up but will fix it later.  I am going to work on the resizing of child controls right now.

I am going to base it on the control's alignment property.  Each control should have an alignment.

Shane

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Shane Miller wrote:

> Yes.  I see that.  that is very cool, and actually works!  I got the insert text signal working for TMemo.  It send the record to it so it knows what's been added.  Pretty slick.
>
> My biggest problem I am having now is to find some way for the TMemo to realize that it's been changed.  If people do a
> Memo1.Lines.Add('This is cool!'); I have to find a way to let the TMemo class know something was added to it's lines property.  I believe it's done through TMemoStrings.SetUpdateState but I'm not quite sure yet.

Simply set the TStrings OnChange event:

Constructor TMemo.Create (AOwner : TComponent)

begin
  MemoStrings:=TStringList.Create;
  MemoStrings.OnChange:=@self.UpdateStrings;
end;

Any time the MemoStrngs stringlist changes, you are notified.

Michael.