[lazarus] hi

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Jul 13 09:19:05 EDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Didier Gasser-Morlay wrote:

> I connected yesterday to the cvs to download the lazarus and ide code.
>
> I am running on Linux. Whenver I try to do a make, it complains about a
> FPCDIR & FPCMAKE not set up. FPCDIR I can figure out, but FPCMAKE ???

get

ftp://tflily.fys.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/fpc/source/base.zip

and put it's contents (makefile.fpc and Makefile) in the directory above
the lazarus directory.

Make sure your source tree is like this:

src/rtl/linux
       /...
   /compiler
   /gtk
   /fcl
   /lazarus
The Makefile and makefile.fpc should be in the 'src' dir.

> The thing is I'am new to Linux, FPC, Lazarus, CVS and coming from a long
> background in Windows/Delphi/Powerbuilder .... may be I'am trying to
> learn too many things at the same time :-( ? but it's getting
> frustrating as every time I try to do something I bang my head on a new
> wall.

The whole idea is to create an IDE so that all these problems are history :-)

> So do you have somewhere a paper for the dummies or newbies describing
> the (proper) setup of FPC and lazarus so that I can install things and
> start rock and rolling and may be contribute either to Lazarus and FPC.
> The work your have undertasken is BRILLIANT and I'd love to help as much
> as I can.

There should be a HOWTO floating around on one of the websites, I think.
Don't know it's URL though.

Michael.