[lazarus] On my way to compile lazarus

Brad Campbell bcampbel at omen.net.au
Thu Jul 15 05:22:40 EDT 1999

At 09:26 15/07/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Still no luck to compile the compiler, needed to compile lazarus.

I NEVER got the compiler or fcl or gtk or lazarus to compile using the
howto on the lazarus page...
This is how I did it...
I have an /etc/ppc386.cfg file (I cant get anything to work without it)
I checkout compiler rtl fcl gtk lazarus
I'm installed in /usr/src/fpc
I cd compiler
and make cycle.
I cd ..
I then copy all the *.inc *.a *.ppu *.o files from rtl dir and subdirs to
/usr/src/fpc/units

my ppc386 has all units, include and lib dirs pointed at ONLY
/usr/src/fpc/units.

I also had to add a /usr/src/fpc/units entry to my /etc/ld.so.conf coz the
compiler kept looking there for library files...

now I can cd fcl
make
cd ../gtk
make
then I copy all the *.o *.a *.inc *.ppu files from both fcl/linux and gtk
and subdirs to
/usr/src/fpc/units

cd ../lazarus
make

and awayyyyyyyyyyyy we go....
it's the ONLY way I can get it to work.. but it works great...
as a bonus.. I can
tar -cvzf fpc.tar.gz ppc386 units/
from /usr/src/fpc and tranfer this tar file to my laptop, and have the
latest compiler, and rtl on there with no hassles....
I use the same ppc386.cfg file on the laptop...
it's messy but it works for me :p)

Of course I have some scripts to do all this for me, so I just type
./update and it
updates from cvs, does all make's, cycles everything, and copies all units,
then generates
the tar file for me... Much easier....

Brad....

"Where do YOU want Microsoft to go today"
"Why pay for a broken OS, when you can get one that works for free ?"

 /"\
 \ /
  X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
 / \